Sec Form 4 Filing - PERRY GREGORY D @ Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 2016-11-29

Every director, officer or owner of more than ten percent of a class of equity securities registered under Section 12 of the '34 Act must file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) a statement of ownership regarding such security.

Form 4: Statement of changes in beneficial ownership, filed before the end of the 2nd business day following the day on which a transaction resulting in a change in beneficial ownership.

"Insiders might sell their shares for any number of reasons, but they buy them for only one: they think the price will rise"
- Peter Lynch
What is insider trading>>
The following is an SEC EDGAR document rendered as filed.
Here is the list of insider trading transaction codes.

FORM 4
Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).
UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP
Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Section 17(a) of the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935 or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0287
Expires: November 30, 2011
Estimated average burden hours per response... 0.5
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person *
PERRY GREGORY D
2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. [ AEGR]
5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer
(Check all applicable)
_____ Director _____ 10% Owner
_____ Officer (give title below) X __ Other (specify below)
See Remarks
(Last)
(First)
(Middle)
C/O AEGERION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC., ONE MAIN STREET, SUITE 800
3. Date of Earliest Transaction (MM/DD/YY)
11/29/2016
(Street)
CAMBRIDGE, MA02142
4. If Amendment, Date Original Filed (MM/DD/YY)
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)
__ X __ Form filed by One Reporting Person
_____ Form filed by More than One Reporting Person
(City)
(State)
(Zip)
Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
1.Title of Security
(Instr. 3)
2. Transaction Date (MM/DD/YY) 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (MM/DD/YY) 3. Transaction Code
(Instr. 8)
4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
(Instr. 3, 4 and 5)
5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s)
(Instr. 3 and 4)
6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I)
(Instr. 4)
7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership
(Instr. 4)
Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price
Table II - Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
( e.g. , puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivative Security
(Instr. 3)
2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Transaction Date (MM/DD/YY) 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (MM/DD/YY) 4. Transaction Code
(Instr. 8)
5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
(Instr. 3, 4, and 5)
6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date
(MM/DD/YY)
7. Title and Amount of Underlying Securities
(Instr. 3 and 4)
8. Price of Derivative Security
(Instr. 5)
9. Number of Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s)
(Instr. 4)
10. Ownership Form of Derivative Security: Direct (D) or Indirect (I)
(Instr. 4)
11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership
(Instr. 4)
Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Stock Option (Right to Buy) $ 19.58 11/29/2016 D 200,000 ( 1 ) 08/03/2025 Common Stock 200,000 ( 2 ) 0 D
Stock Option (Right to Buy) $ 19.52 11/29/2016 D 40,000 ( 3 ) 08/04/2025 Common Stock 40,000 ( 2 ) 0 D
Stock Option (Right to Buy) $ 5.71 11/29/2016 D 200,000 ( 4 ) 02/12/2026 Common Stock 200,000 ( 2 ) 0 D
Stock Option (Right to Buy) $ 2.46 11/29/2016 D 69,000 ( 5 ) 05/09/2026 Common Stock 69,000 ( 2 ) 0 D
Restricted Stock Units ( 6 ) 11/29/2016 D 35,000 ( 7 ) ( 7 ) Common Stock 35,000 ( 8 ) 0 D
Reporting Owners
Reporting Owner Name / Address Relationships
Director 10% Owner Officer Other
PERRY GREGORY D
C/O AEGERION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
ONE MAIN STREET, SUITE 800
CAMBRIDGE, MA02142
See Remarks
Signatures
/s/ Jennifer Fitzpatrick, Attorney-in-fact 11/30/2016
** Signature of Reporting Person Date
Explanation of Responses:
( 1 )25% of the shares of common stock underlying this stock option award vested on August 3, 2016. The remaining 75% of the shares of common stock underlying this stock option award were to vest thereafter in equal monthly installments through August 3, 2019, subject, with limited exceptions, to the Reporting Person's continued employment with the Issuer.
( 2 )Pursuant to the Agreement and Plan of Merger (the "Merger Agreement"), dated as of June 14, 2016, by and among the Issuer, QLT Inc. ("QLT") and Isotope Acquisition Corp. ("Isotope"), pursuant to which Isotope was merged with and into the Issuer, effective on November 29, 2016, each option to acquire common stock of the Issuer that was outstanding and unexercised immediately prior to the effective time of the merger that had an exercise price per share equal to or greater than $1.88 (the product obtained by multiplying (i) the exchange ratio of 1.0256 (the "Exchange Ratio") by (ii) $1.83, the closing price of a common share of QLT on November 28, 2016) was cancelled without any payment or other consideration therefor. Following completion of the merger, QLT was renamed "Novelion Therapeutics Inc." ("Novelion").
( 3 )25% of the shares of common stock underlying this stock option award vested on August 4, 2016. The remaining 75% of the shares of common stock underlying this stock option award were to vest thereafter in equal monthly installments through August 4, 2019, subject, with limited exceptions, to the Reporting Person's continued employment with the Issuer.
( 4 )25% of the shares of common stock underlying this stock option award vested on February 12, 2016. The remaining 75% of the shares of common stock underlying this stock option award were to vest thereafter in three equal installments on each of December 31, 2016, December 31, 2017 and December 31, 2018, subject, with limited exceptions, to the Reporting Person's continued employment with the Issuer.
( 5 )25% of the shares of common stock underlying this stock option award were to vest on May 9, 2017. The remaining 75% of the shares of common stock underlying this stock option award were to vest thereafter in equal monthly installments through May 9, 2020, subject, with limited exceptions, to the Reporting Person's continued employment with the Issuer.
( 6 )Each restricted stock unit represented a contingent right to receive one share of common stock.
( 7 )The restricted stock units were to vest in three annual installments, with 33.34% of the units scheduled to vest on May 9, 2017, 33.33% of the units scheduled to vest on May 9, 2018 and 33.33% of the units scheduled to vest on May 9, 2019, subject, with limited exceptions, to the Reporting Person's continued employment with the Issuer.
( 8 )Pursuant to the Merger Agreement, each restricted stock unit with respect to common stock of the Issuer ("Aegerion RSU") that was outstanding as of immediately prior to the effective time of the merger was exchanged for a restricted stock unit ("Novelion RSU") with respect to a number of common shares of Novelion equal to the product obtained by multiplying (i) the total number of shares of common stock of the Issuer subject to the Aegerion RSU immediately prior to the effective time of the merger by (ii) the Exchange Ratio. Each Novelion RSU is subject to the same terms and conditions applicable to the corresponding Aegerion RSU and the agreements evidencing grant of the Aegerion RSUs thereunder, including vesting terms, but excluding any terms that are rendered inoperative solely by reason of the merger.

Remarks:
Chief Financial and Administrative Officer

Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 4(b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations. See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).

Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB Number.